Tuesday, November 10, 2009

20 week appointment

We went to our 20 week appointment yesterday which was a very fun one. Mitch and I could not wait to get another look at Scarlett. My mom joined in the fun to get her first look at our girl. The ultrasound tech confirmed that she is definitely a girl! Good thing, because the nursery is pink now, no matter what. The ultrasound was very thorough... we looked at her arms, legs, spine, face, kidneys, all 4 chambers of her precious, sweet heart... It was so amazing. One thing I did notice was that she has grown a LOT since our ultrasound at 16 weeks. I have some pictures to post, but have until I can use a scanner. Please stay tuned for some pics!
After the ultrasound, we went back out to the waiting room to wait to see Dr. O'nan. I just sat there thinking about how incredibly thankful I am to God for giving us this little girl. I have always wanted to be a mommy and could not imagine this time being any more wonderful. I just want to say to all of you ladies (and men) out there who want a baby so bad, I know your longing. When we lost our first baby last December I was crushed. Truly, I did not function well for months. But God has a way of turning our ashes into beauty. His mercies ARE new every morning. He is so faithful. Thank you Jesus!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment