Saturday, February 13, 2010

Will you be my Valentine?








Mitch and I have never been big on celebrating Valentine's Day.... although we do enjoy celebrating our love. This year we wanted to do a little something special since it will be our last Valentine's just him and I. So, we went and had tea at this darling place in Lexington: The Green Tree Tea Room (www.greentreetearoom.com). It is a charming place where you can have traditional English tea all while surrounded by beautiful antiques and artwork. I think there was actually a write-up in Southern Living about Green Tree a couple years ago... it is definitely one of Lexington's gems! A dear friend, Aidan Dimartino, first introduced us to this darling place... we always think of her when we go there. So, there is a menu for each month... for February everything had a red/Valentine theme. The menu was as follows:

February Menu

French Onion Soup

Poppy Seed Scone with
Cherry Curd & Fayette Cream

Low Country
Shrimp & Grits

Corn Salsa in Phyllo Cups
White Pimento Cheese &
Red Radish Tea Sandwiches

Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries &
Glazed Heart Cookies

Assam Tea

It was a delicious feast! Mitch and I loved the opportunity to just sit and enjoy one another's company all while sipping tea (which, btw, Mitch is so sweet to go to a tea room with me... but please know he loves every second of it just as much as I do). I have to say our favorite item on the menu was the Poppy Seed Scone... it was divine topped with Fayette Cream!!! It was such a nice time for him and I. I LOVE YOU MITCH!!!!!! You are the best Valentine ever.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH!! Sooooooooo jealous; how often we dream of Greentree. However, I am so glad that you got to partake and enjoy :) There is nothing here that comes close to the food or experience. You look gorgeous and just meld into the ambience. Anyway, we send our love to you three, and pray for your continued health (and Scarlett's)! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete