Wednesday, May 29, 2013

34 weeks and lately.


I have been letting my to-do list keep me away too long. Between our impending move this summer, Ivy's upcoming arrival and all the other everyday tasks that pile up, I have been wiped out by the time I can sit down to blog. I really want to try to get back into my routine though because the next 6 weeks are bound to be sweet ones... 

Here are Ivy and I at 34 weeks! Okay people, it is already SO hot here in SC and this mama is glistening (that's the sweet way to say sweating if you're a southern belle) on an hourly basis. In this particular picture from yesterday, I was running out the door to my OB appointment. You know, no makeup.... Trying to slip out the door quick as soon as Mitch got home from work and before Scarlett woke up from her nap. Mission accomplished! 


Pregnancy Highlights...
How Far Along: 34 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a butternut squash.  
Maternity Clothes: Yes, yes and yes. 
Gender: Girl! "Baby Ivy Glenn" as Scarlett so endearingly refers to her
Movement: Tons!
Sleep: Up a good bit at night, but sleeping well when I can get comfy. 
What I miss: Bending over or bending down. 
Cravings: This is not a food craving, but I crave pool time right now. It feels so good to just float and swim...no gravity, no weight. Ah...  As far as food goes -- I just love all food in general :)
Symptoms: Really, really tired at the end of the day. 
Best Moment this week/Looking forward to: Spending every precious day with Scarlett... just she and I. I know things are going to be really different (and wonderful) after Ivy arrives. 

We had a really nice and busy Memorial Day Weekend. I will say, spending my first Memorial Day as a military wife made me so much more aware of how deeply effected so many, many families are by the loss of their loved one in battle. I am truly grateful to the men and women who, by laying down their lives, have allowed us uncountable freedoms. God Bless the USA. 

Here is Miss SJ all dressed up to support her Daddy on Sunday at church. She told everyone we saw, "see the buttons on my dress?...they are anchors because my Daddy is in the Navy." Oh I love that girl. 
 She and Bitty baby matched. 

Our weekend included a pool party, dinner with friends, our 1st drive-in movie as a family and some beach time. Here is Scarlett with her little friend Mason before our movie started! They were playing oldies music before the movie so Scarlett had to dance. 


~~~~~~

Other things we have been up to as of late.... 

Preparing things for Miss Ivy.... aka freshening up the pac n' play so Scarlett can lay in it and play baby. Ha! 

Looking around at Lowe's for items we need... aka riding every tractor in sight. 

Pool time! 

I don't think I have ever verbalized this before, but sometimes I am jealous of Callie's lifestyle. She relaxes all day, every day. And then I catch a whiff of her breath and I want to gag a magot. Oh Callie. 


Getting my mental duckies in a row.... posts to come about our upcoming move, house hunting trip, out-of-town guests and more! 

Thanks for sticking with me :) 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Makeup or no makeup you look beautiful my dear - sounds like a fun summer so far! My dogs breath is AWFUL...glad I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING! So excited to see an update... its like BOOM theres the belly! You look awesome! SO THRILLED for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girls...!! You two are sweet, sweet, sweet. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete