Wednesday, September 25, 2013

From life's first cry, to final breath....


He's here!!! My sister and brother-in-law's precious first born, Declan Howard Carrell, arrived on Monday, September 23rd at 11:15 am weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. He is a doll and looks just like his sweet mama. I can only attribute the timing of Declan's birth to the Lord's providence. Mitch and the girls and I traveled to Louisville early Sunday morning to be with some very dear family friends after the death of their husband/father. Rick Bordas was the kind of man who made you feel special by just being around him. He was hilarious and sweet and had the gift of sarcasm like no one else I've ever known. He will be sorely, sorely missed by so many, Mitch and I included. While we were in route to be present at Rick's visitation on Sunday, Derek (my bro-in-law) text me and said Ryan thought her water had broken and they were headed to the hospital to see what was going on. Well, the rest is history... she labored through the night and Declan came joyfully into the world on Monday morning. As I sat and held him during his first hour of life, I couldn't help but think of the lyrics to the song In Christ Alone -- from life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny. I held Declan as he was taking his first breaths of life while Rick had finished the race well, taken his final breath and entered into paradise where there is no crying, no fear or pain and no suffering and God holds him now. All in that moment life came so full circle. I'm so thankful Jesus commands the destiny of us all... His word tells us so in Psalm 139:16 All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. And for that I praise Him! 


Yay!! yay!! yay!! Sissy you did it!!!!



Sweet sisters :)



Proud Daddy!!



Boo with his first grandson. 



Aunt Rinnie holding Declan with baby Elsie in her tummy :)




Aunt Erin is SO in love!!! 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Well I just sobbed at that blog! How beautifully written. I love how Declan is just beaming up at all his lovely family!

    ReplyDelete