Monday, October 29, 2012

Making the most.

Our weekend was a little rough. Miss Scarlett ran a fever the whole time and had 3 tough nights. After a trip to the ER Sunday morning it was discovered that she does have an ear infection. The doctor's exact words were "a rip roaring" ear infection. I am so thankful for antibiotics! Anyhow, we tried to make the very most of our weekend... we still carved our pumpkins and painted some too.

Our little "patient" was in pretty good spirits.... 






And I decided to make Scarlett a trick-or-treat bag... I discovered a way to quasi applique just by following the perimeter of this pumpkin I cut out with my sewing machine. This is somewhat for my memory.... not necessarily a tutorial to follow :) 
1. Cut out shape to applique and pin to fabric. 

2. This is what I had my machine set to. 

3. You simply follow the outline feeding it through your machine. ** Remember to keep the needle down when raising the presser foot to "pivot" the fabric.**
You can see the finished product in our Halloween pics! 

My little pumpkin and her sidekick, baby Cinderella :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment