Monday, October 1, 2012

Veruca and a fabulous read.

We had a little case of "the Mondays" this morning. Miss Scarlett is rarely whiney, but this morning...look out!! It's funny because my Dad used to always make reference to Veruca in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when my sister or I were whiney as young girls (okay and maybe as teenagers too. Ha!). Clearly that reference would be over SJ's head right now, but I so plan on using Veruca in the future... If you have seen that movie you know that nobody wants to be likened to that girl. No way. 

Finally after I decided that this day was simply going to be unproductive as far as my to-do list goes and that I just needed to sit down and play the hours away, it got tons better. Actually, I am really thankful for this little reminder. I am often too task focused and miss out on opportunities for Scarlett and I to just play and have fun.  I have been reading a fabulous book that my soon-to-be sister-in-law (that's a lot of hyphens. Ha!) gave me. It is Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney. I totally recommend this book to any woman seeking to better embrace and fulfill her role as a wife and mother. Anyhow, I have just started the chapter on loving your children and I think this morning was a very appropriate "case study" for how I can better love my little treasure -- Miss SJ.

Here is my girl. Playing very contently as mommy sat close-by to enjoy her culinary skills. 
Don't you love her heels? I know... roll over Joan Clever!! They were mine when I was a little girl and they had some good wear on them then. They are like the real deal, vintage, satin with boa bedroom slippers. They were something my mom's mom (Jean, who Scarlett is named after) gave to me. It's a sweet sight to see them on my little girl's feet. 
She baked a birthday cake, chopped every fruit and vegetable in her kitchen and put 6 baby dolls to sleep. And I thought I was going to be productive today :)
I could look at those little shapely legs and wild, strawberry blonde hair all day! Actually I get to almost every day. 

Today was good. I needed a little perspective change. You know what I mean? Another one for the books :)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. My parents always called us Negative Nora and Mom always said "no one likes a Negative Nora". ha!
    That book sounds great - I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Negative Nora -- Hilarious.
    Yes, read it Lindsy... you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just simply love this post and pictures.

    ReplyDelete