Friday, October 21, 2011

this week...

I have been a little behind on my blogging this week, so here is some of our week in pictures...

Scarlett and I have been working on colors and shapes. I forgot how soothing coloring can be! We still have quite a bit to learn, but we are having fun.
We got a special delivery from Target...
(I will try to refrain from Christmas posts at least until after Halloween!)
Need a dinner idea? Try gourds right on the stove top.... these were hand placed by my sweet, busy toddler.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Wednesday, Scarlett and I had a pajama day. It was cold and rainy and these prove to be some of our most productive days. Scarlett taught her little baby doll a lot while we were at home...
How to sit up straight....
How to dance...
How to hold hands (her personal fav!)...
How to sit right beside "mama"....
Oh, the floor seemed so cold for little baby, so she snatched her right up...
And then there is the classic Scarlett face... I don't think we will see baby doll doing this one anytime soon :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night Mitch & I got to go out on a little date which I am embarrassed to say is rare. Between his schedule with school and Scarlett's bedtime it is just hard to swing on a regular basis. My hats off to those who keep a regular date night on the calendar! Anyhow, my mom had given us a Groupon she purchased for a new Italian Restaurant. So, she watched Scarlett while we had a nice, quiet dinner just the two of us. Here we are before we headed out...
And the nicest part is we never even had to worry about Scarlett. She and Nonni colored and had fun until we got home. By the way, my mom found one of the greatest things for coloring with toddlers: crayola twistable crayons I highly recommend them! Especially for the little crayon eaters in your life :)
Thank you Mom for a lovely evening!!!

Hoping your week has some happy snapshots too!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment