Monday, May 7, 2012

In the still, quiet moments.

After all of yesterday's festivities quieted down and the house was still, I found myself thinking. Thinking about the "what if's"... I won't go into them, but I am sure if you have experienced the loss of a baby you can imagine what they would be. I have been wondering if this week would present some challenges because things are calming down a bit. I continue to find myself just longing to feel Jesus draw me close. And that is when the Lord brought me to my precious friend Beth's blog. Beth is not one to place herself in the limelight, but if you have experienced miscarriage I can honestly say you may not find a more compassionate person. She has been a constant encouragement to me and I know her blog continues to encourage countless "strangers" who have experienced the same despair. I know Beth would agree with me when I say that if something good can come from our losses it is this: That another person might be uplifted by the fellowship that can come from being both transparent about our own and compassionate in another's struggle. Well, several months ago she posted this song sung by Christy Nockels. Girls, get out your tissues. The words to this song are like calming balm on a fresh wound. 


I find myself singing it with Scarlett through out the day...
We miss you everyday... Oh, we miss you in every way.... We are waiting for the day when we will hold you, we will hold you. All things work together for our good... and God works His purposes just like He said He would....

Scarlett wanted to be rocked to sleep tonight (for those of you who know us well, you know that used to be our EVERY night (and nap time!) until a little while ago. Ha!). I secretly loved it. I held her close and kissed and kissed her sweet, little forehead. I have to say that I am thankful for the way that loss makes you so indescribably appreciative for what you do get to hold in your arms. 

One day at a time sweet Jesus.... 

And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

post signature

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry. I love you! Maybe our sweet babies are together with Jesus side by side right now! :) I know they're so happy! We'll all be together someday! Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete