Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kiss the Cook


Growing up my mom had an apron that she wore that said "Kiss the Cook" and I always got a kick out of it. I think it is still folded up in the back of her tea-towel drawer... I will have to look for it next time I am in her kitchen.

Since Fall is finally showing up, Scarlett and I made some soup today. This is one of Mitch and I's all time favorites... Tortellini Soup. I think there are several recipes out there, but we have modified ours a bit to fit our liking. It goes very well with warm, crusty, french bread.

This is how I like to make it:
2 Garlic cloves crushed and sauteed in 1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 C chopped onions
Dash of Basil and Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste
1.5 cartons of Organic Chicken Broth
2 C water
3 Cans of stewed tomatoes (sliced is easiest)
1 C baby carrots, sliced
1 package of frozen chopped spinach
1 Small package of 3-cheese tortellini
(this is one of those soups that is best cooked
all day and then even better the next day!)


This little "cook" definitely meets her daily kiss quota!

Happy cooking... from our kitchen to yours!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment