Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weekly Project: Paint the hall bathroom


As I mentioned yesterday, one of my weekly projects is to paint the hall bathroom. I really like this room. The couple that we bought our house from redid the bathroom not long before selling it so it was not one of our first priority when we moved in. Like I said, I really like it, but the green walls have always been a little too neon for my liking. As we all know, there is nothing like a fresh coat of paint... It will be a very subtle change, but one I think is needed. The total project cost is $15.00 ( for a new shower curtain from T.J. Maxx, where else?). Woohoo. I am using some paint that my mom already had that I really like (Benjamin Moore-- Dill Pickle). She painted "my room" at her house this color and so I am thinking it will work well. Paint can be so difficult to choose, but I am feeling confident about this option.

Enough words from me! Here is the before:

And here is the palet I have chosen...

I don't think it shows up well in this picture, but there is an aqua stripe in the shower curtain which will tie in the aqua accents.
I hope that I don't post the 'after' pictures weeks from now. Ha! I have got to get crackin!


I have to show y'all little missy trying to ride her Daddy's bike after he got home today:


I just cherish my moments at home with Scarlett... She says "mama" all the time right now and we think we can tell now that it is not just 'vocal play.' I thought I would capture her saying it here, but I guess she was a little camera shy. I still had to share her sweetness with y'all:


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment