Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cowboy take me away.

Mitch and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary (a couple weeks late) last Sunday-Monday by heading to Cumberland Falls for our 1st ever overnight getaway since Scarlett was born. I am not going to lie, I bawled my eyes out for an hour before we left because I was leaving my baby. But, once we got in the car it was like we were 18 years old again, on a date and the world was ours. ha! (plus she was in the best hands possible with her Nonni) We stayed in the state park lodge and our little room was simple yet quite accommodating.

The charming, old stone lodge.

My handsome date posing for a picture of our cozy room.

We walked down to the falls in the evening after dinner. They are amazing. Just the power of the water is mesmerizing enough to make you stop and stare for a while.

Early Monday morning we hit the trails for a closer look at the falls and a little bonding with nature. We were not interested in bonding with any of these guys though. (I had to make it back to my baby!!!!)

We did some research before choosing our trail.

Mitch was like a duck in water....
Where's Mitch?

I loved it but am not quite the trail master Mitch is.

The scenery was beautiful. We had just the right blend of serenity and adventure.

Mitch, thank you for a special getaway. I am still as crazy about you as I was the day you asked me to be "your girl." You know you are the love of my life!
Mom, thank you so much for taking such wonderful care of Scarlett so we could have a little "us" time. We would not have enjoyed it at all without your help. We love you!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment