Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday has been deemed laundry day.


This mound of (clean) laundry depicts about 1/4 of the laundry I must tackle today. Oh my.

I don't know about you, but Mitch and I have something that we call the "Sunday Night Blues" that always seem to show up around 4:00 in the afternoon on Sunday. It is that feeling that the weekend is over and it is time to begin another week of busy tasks. I was feeling especially that way last night (mostly because my Monday begins around 1:00 am with my little night owl). Mitch always says that there is no better way to end a bad day than with scripture... specifically the gospels. Reading about Jesus makes Him all the more real in our life. So, Mitch pointed me to John 6: 52-69. It is not an easy passage to understand, but basically the "bottom line" came for me in verse 68 when Peter said," Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know you are the Holy One of God." This spoke volumes to me simply because I feel like I have a horrible habit of going to other people or myself in order to find strength... but this passage brings it right back to Jesus -- who else do we have to go to that will never let us down? No one. He is IT. So, as you begin this week I hope you might find confidence in knowing that Jesus is SO the one you can go to... He is who is says He is and will never let you down.

Now, Scarlett and I are off to the fabric store... I have been itching to go because I have a little sewing project in mind for a Thanksgiving outfit for my girl. I will share all about it tomorrow!!!

love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment