Wednesday, October 27, 2010

whistle while you work...


I have not posted in almost a week! ah! Things just kept coming up... So, I will just pick up with today. I have been working hard storing up some of nature's bounty for my little Scarlett. I LOVE this Beaba BabyCook. It is so neat. I think they are sold at Williams Sonoma, but I ended up finding mine for a good price online somewhere. This thing does a lot of the work for you. You can cook (technically, steam which locks in more nutrients) and purees all in the same spot. I have had a running list of veggies and fruits to prepare, so I got started today. I made runner beans, baby carrots and green peas. Someone suggested to me to just pour the food into ice cube trays to freeze them and then pop them out and put them in a ziplock freezer bag in the freezer. It is great because then you have just the right portion ready to go. I realized while I was making all of these healthy items for Scarlett that I should be eating like this... she gets a rainbow of food each time she eats. Which, she is now eating 2 solid meals a day (morning and evening) and then just nurses at a different time.


Here is the cuteness herself, playing in the kitchen while I cook.

I hope you are having a great week. I am a little bummed about something that happened today... Mitch lost his Columbia fleece jacket on his commute (which is by bike) home today. The worst part is that his keys were in the pocket of his jacket. ugh. There are FAR worse things that could happen, but it is just frustrating. The one saving thing is that his Kroger Plus card was on his key ring, so hopefully someone will turn them in. Please say a little prayer about that if you think of it.

xoxo,

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come up again and make baby food...Why I find that fun, I'm not sure, but I do!

    ReplyDelete