Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing Mommas out there!!!!

Here are my sweet Mother's Day "gifts"....


Mitch brought me these tulips and Scarlett is the precious gift that makes me a mommy!

I cannot help but think about my 1st Mother's Day last year. I had tiny 1 month old baby and we dedicated her to Jesus this day last year. What a little joy she is to us! I will have to say I also remember how difficult being a 1st time mommy was this time last year too... nursing a baby 40 times a day (ok, that is what it seemed like, ha!!), sleepless nights, having no clue what I was doing from hour to hour, never leaving the house! Oh my, those were precious days that I would never take back but boy were they hard. So thankful for each stage of mommy-hood, just some more than others!

My two sweeties.

Mitch's Memaw sent me a cute little "poem" for Mother's Day so I thought I would share it with y'all...

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby...
Somebody doesn't know once you're a mother, "Normal" is history.
Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct...
Somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.
Somebody said being a mother is boring...
Somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a drive's permit.
Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good...."
Somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.
Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices .....
Somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her
child hitting the baseball through the neighbors window.
Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother....
Somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math.
Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first....
Somebody doesn't have five children.
Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books....
Somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose or in his ears.
Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery...
Somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten.
or on a plane headed for military "boot camp."
Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back....
Somebody never organized four giggling Brownies to sell cookies.
Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married....
Somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.
Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home .....
Somebody never had grandchildren.
Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her.
Somebody isn't a mother.

I have to give a special "shout-out" to my AMAZING, FABULOUS, LOVING, INCREDIBLE Mama today. She is the one Scarlett is pointing at in this picture...... :)

I love you Mom... you are my best friend!!!!!!


Side-note: I want to say to any girl who finds herself reading this blog and you are not a mom yet and so desperately want to be... sit tight. God has great plans for you. I know how you feel. I was in your shoes. I can remember one Mother's Day in particular when I wanted to be pregnant so bad that I could not even bare the thought of going to church on Mother's Day. I promise it will get better. God is always working on your behalf whether it feels like it or not. I can even remember when I was working full time for the Governor of Kentucky and I had a personal interview with him for a new position. He asked me what my greatest aspiration was and I said, "To be a stay-at-home mom." Probably the first (and last) time he ever heard that! But it was so true! I have never wanted to do something so badly! I guess I could say I now have my "dream job." So, stay faithful, keep trusting Him and great things are to come. Just had to stick that little side-note in :)

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great choice in flowers Mitch and SJ! Hope you had a great mother's day. And please send me that picture of her with your Mom....That may be my new favorite picture of her!

    ReplyDelete