Sunday, April 29, 2012

And yet, His compassions never fail.

The last 4 days have been really hard. Mitch and I have experienced great loss. If you are reading this and are our close family and/or friends, please know that reading this is just the same as hearing it straight from our mouths. We find it hard to call and explain because the heart-ache is so fresh. 

We had been so excited to soon share with family and friends that we were expecting in November. On Wednesday of this past week we went to a greatly anticipated OB appointment. We couldn't wait to see our baby. To bring home the ultrasound pictures so Scarlett could see the 'baby growing in mommy's tummy' we have been telling her about and have prayed with her about night after night over the past weeks. We were 10.5 weeks pregnant. However the ultrasound revealed that our baby no longer had a heartbeat. Our baby is with the Lord -- our little glory baby.   

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.   
2 Corinthians 5:6-8

I had a D&C on Friday morning and am trying to recover physically.
As I explained to Mitch why I wanted to type this post, I was telling him how overwhelmed I feel by God's compassion toward us. While I will never understand this loss that we have now experienced twice, I know His ways are good and that His thoughts about us are like the grains of sand on the earth. We are grieving what could have been. I put away Scarlett's "big sister" jammies, for now. We are trusting our Faithful Father to comfort us. Will you please pray for us?

We have been so surrounded by the kindness of close friends and family. Thank you! We love you.


Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3:22-23

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you dear sister. God is faithful in the midst of pain and suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin my heart breaks for you. You all are in my prayers. Much love and God will see you through this. love you sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be thinking and praying for you all. So very sorry that you all are going through this. Scarlett is a beautiful gift and it was so great to see her sweet face at church on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and Mitch and Scarlett. Sweet girl - sending you hugs from Kabul. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin,
    Commented a few days ago, but it didn't show up.

    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby, Erin. Please know that I have been praying for you, Mitch, and Scarlett as you grieve your baby and I will continue to lift you up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Scripture you included. And I love you, Mitch & SJ. I pray that the Lord is healing your heart and body more and more every day.

    ReplyDelete