Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Loved.

I have such wonderful memories of my grandparents from growing up. I can remember lots of fun activities  we did together and I still remember that little "tickle" I would get in my belly when we would pull into their driveway. When I was a young girl, we lived next door to my mom's parents, NaeNae and Papa as we called them. Ryan, Chaz, and I were at their house constantly. If all three of us weren't there, then at least one of us was! It was the best. They have both been with the Lord for many, many years. I still cry just thinking about how much I miss them. When I think about all of my grandparents (and great-grandparents) there is one word that comes to mind -- loved. I have always felt so loved by them. I know that is not necessarily true for all people. So, I am thankful that I have always felt that way. 

I hope that Scarlett will always feel the same way about her grandparents as I do about mine. I always laugh when people ask me if Scarlett is my only child. It's like they can see she is a little spoiled my "one and only"... I will just consider that a compliment :) For right now, she is. But anyway, I always respond back and say, "Yes, and she was the first grandchild on both sides of our family." I kind of feel like I am saying, "Yea, so chew on that too!" There is no doubt this girl is loved. So, on the subject of grandparents, our little cherub has recently been on the receiving end of two sweet things from her grandparents....

In honor of the season of love, just today Scarlett got a "special delivery" from her Lolli and Pop (Mitch's parents) -- her own red, Valentine mailbox and a special note for each day leading up until the "day of love." 
 She really liked it so it will be fun to "check her mailbox" each day!

Thank you David and Lisa! And thanks for loving our girl :) 

From her Nonni (my momma) she received this darling, Valentine pillowcase dress that she wore today! Handmade by her Nonni herself and full of detail. It is just darling...
There is nothing like a girl feeling festive :) Thank you Momma! 

Not that material possessions are the gauge of someone's love, but I am thankful for these sweet little reminders of love.  
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment