Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pinkies up for Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentines Day to all of my sweet readers! I hope you feel very loved somehow today. Please know we love that you stop by to "check-in" on us... 

First of all, I have something I really want to say to all of the precious girls in my life who are still waiting for their Valentines to show up -- Darling girls: Yes, today is the day the world celebrates love and you may feel like at moments that you have nothing to celebrate. I want you to remember something and I do NOT in any way intend for this to come across as insensitive or cliche, okay? Bare with me. If you have placed your trust in Jesus, if He is your Redeemer, then I want to remind you to celebrate His love today. Actually, February 14th is nothing compared to what He did for us the day He walked the road to Calvary. You know, I was thinking about how men always say, "I would die for you... I would lay down my life for you..." Well guess what, Jesus already did. Before you even knew Him He was already so madly in love with you that He died so you could spend forever and ever and ever with Him. Now, that is love. Doesn't that make all of the chocolates and bouquets of flowers you have to walk by in Target seem like they should be thrown out with last week's leftovers? Maybe I am a little too dramatic for your liking, but it's true whether you believe it or not. 
~~~~~~~~
Now, onto the little cherub...

Scarlett started her Valentine's morning off right with her pinkies UP!! (strawberries served whole, just like she likes them)

Her favorite breakfast buddy dined with her...
Mr. Moo Cow (I guess it really should be Mrs...)

And then there is this face that makes me keep laughing... 
 She protests when I cut her strawberries up and remove their green tops, so I always wash them and give them to her whole. But for whatever reason something was very repulsive about her strawberries' tops today. 

And finally, to the man who makes my heart skip a beat any day of the year... 
I do realize there are pumpkins in this picture, but I love it! Look how sweetly Mitch holds Scarlett's little dainty hands... 

There are so many reasons I love you. And you of all people know that I am so far from perfect and yet you love me so unconditionally. So thankful you are MY Valentine. 
Mitch Owen --- I WILL LOVE YOU UNTIL THE DAY I DIE!!!! 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. She loves her little Mr. Moo Cow! Good antiquey buy then.

    ReplyDelete