Saturday, March 26, 2011

Painting the town STRIPED!!!!!

Warning to my dear readers... this post is LOooooOOONnnNNnNNNGGGggGGGG!!!

As long as this post is and as crazy as this may sound, I still feel like I did not capture all of the sweet moments we had together at Scarlett's 1st Birthday party that we celebrated early today. First of all, I have to tell y'all that I have been feeling rather weepy about this... how can my baby be turning one already? I am so thankful that she is healthy and growing so strong, but part of my wants her to be a baby forever. Good thing I still have a week and a half before she is truly 1!

Scarlett was a wonderful little hostess. I really think everyone had a nice time even though we were a little cramped for space since the weather did not cooperate!


~~~~~~~~ DECOR~~~~~~~~~

I made the banner and tissue pom-poms... this is not the best picture that I took a couple nights before but it captures the idea:) Gotta love the laundry in the chair and hamper in the middle of the floor!

The cake table. Ok, my mouth is watering just typing about this... my sister made the cakes and they were delicious! Seriously, better than anything I have ever had from a bakery. And they were SOOOO cute. Thank you Ryan! What can't you do?!?!?!?!

A little photo display of our girl's first year.


~~~~~~ SWEET FELLOWSHIP~~~~~~

This is a precious picture of Scarlett with her Great Grandmoo (that is what we call my Dad's mother)

Oh my.

Aunt Barbie with 2 sweeties.

Scarlett provided our lunch entertainment!

Here we are with my sweet Mama and Aunt Barbie.

Lolly and Pop!

The very best sister and friend a girl could EVER ask for!

Playing around with her aunts and uncles.

~~~~~~~~~ CAKE TIME ~~~~~~~~~~

Scarlett loved her cake. She was very delicate and meticulous when eating it. She carefully picked off the polka-dots... cute! I finally ended up just cutting her a piece and she went to town on that!





Izzy was lovin' the cake! I am telling you people, I could not get over how good it was.

~~~~~~~~ PIN THE TAIL ON THE ZEBRA~~~~~~~~~

Mitch was in charge of "games", ha! He did a great job with Pin the tail on the Zebra.
GO Ashton!


My sweet Daddy and Grandaddy


~~~~~~~~Thoughtful gifts for our little treasure~~~~~~~~~








Look who is trying to walk!

Aunt Ashton :)

2 of my most favorite people in the WORLD! My brother (Chaz) and sister (Ryan)
Ryan and Chaz both went to WKU so they had to pose with Scarlett and Big Red (a gift from Uncle Chaz)... GO TOPS!

But, this is the face Scarlett made when she realized she was not cheering on the Wildcats...
uh oh. ha!

Lovin' time with Pepaw and Nonni. Nonni was so sweet to share her actual birthday with Scarlett today.

Thank you to our loving family who celebrated with us today.... thank you for making our girl feel so special -- we love you!

So, do you feel like you were there? I warned you!!!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Loved this post Erin! I love hearing about first birthday parties! So glad it went well! From your pictures it looked beautiful and perfect!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin- I think my favorite picture is where Scarlett's mouth is open (i assume she's screaming??) and you are smiling with your caption "Oh my!" haha

    Hope y'all are doing well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - Oh thank you so much for Posting all the pictures. I love stalking your Blog and am grateful for the opportunity to share in your experiences. Everything looked wonderful and Ryan did such a beautiful job on the Cake.
    Lots of Love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete