Saturday, January 28, 2012

The best days of our life.

Lately the days just feel long.
Mitch has got so much going on with school. Lots of deadlines to meet and important dates coming up. It's like we finally get to see each other for an hour or two in the evening and we just want to crash. Most days we feel like we never get enough sleep. And, then we get up and do it all over again! But, I realized something this week while our little 21 month old "baby" was romping around on our bed after bath time.... 

These are some of the best days of our life. 

This girl smiles so big you cannot see her eyes. I love it. 

Call this post sappy if you want. When I looked over at Scarlett staring intently at this picture of Mitch and I on our wedding day that hangs in our room, it's like my mind went into a time warp for a second. It won't be long before our little girl will be walking down the aisle. 
I always tell Mitch through tears, "She is going to leave us soon." And he just laughs at me, in a sweet way. Probably because he sees that my parents cannot get rid of me!! HA! Momma and Daddy, I know you are laughing as you read this :) 

If you have a little one romping around on your bed too, squeeze them extra tight tonight. Here is to some of the best days of our lives!
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Great post and reminder! I am in the same boat as you, we are so exhausted by the night time but these are truly precious days! Trying to thank God for all the little blessings. Your girl is too cute by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of SJ looking at your wedding picture. So sweet!! When that picture was made you probably never imagined that you'd have your little auburn haired cutie looking at it one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a little random but I saw your comment on a blog (which I found through Kelly's Korner Military link-up) and noticed you may be stationed in Beaufort, SC. I am also a Navy wife and we have been in Beaufort for 2.5 years, I would love to pass on any information you might need or answer any questions. my email is abbyreed3 @ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girls, I just love your comments! It makes blogging a 2 way street :)

    Alex, so glad you were encouraged! I know you and Clint have a full schedule and a busy little bee too!

    Birdie. Oh how I love our friendship! You are so right, I never would have imagined how blessed I would be one day with this little red head. And you are blessed by your little brunette :)

    Abby, thank you SO much for contacting me. I cannot wait to hear more about being a Navy wife. I hope we can meet in real life someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love SJ looking at the wedding picture! Plus I love every single picture she is in!

    ReplyDelete