Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Recipe and expressions

Scarlett and I did a little decorating for Valentine's Day today. I just have a few little hearts I like to put out around the house to be festive. 
Here is my little sous chef as she sat on the counter (I know I am a crazy mom!) eating shredded cheese and puffs while I made dinner. 

Speaking of dinner, I made something to share with y'all. Of course this recipe comes from none other than my BFF Beth. She is my recipe source!! This is spaghetti pie... I changed it a little tonight and made it with penne pasta instead of spaghetti and it was just a delicious. Easy and tasty!
Spaghetti Pie (by Beth)
1 pkg. spaghetti
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup melted butter
*1 pound hamburger, browned (optional, I like to make mine without meat so it is vegetarian!)
8 oz. carton cottage cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
8 oz. mozzarella cheese
Cook spaghetti and drain. (While spaghetti is cooking, brown hamburger.) Return spaghetti to pot after draining. Mix parmesan cheese, eggs, and melted butter in with spaghetti. (TIP: Don't add the eggs yet if the spaghetti is extremely hot. Otherwise, they will scramble!!) Pack the spaghetti mixture into a 9 or 10 inch pan. Next, top the spaghetti layer with cottage cheese. Next, top the cottage cheese layer with spaghetti sauce. Last, sprinkle the top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 45 minutes at 325.


We enjoyed an evening of playing on the floor together before bath and bedtime. The hours go by so fast after Mitch gets home!! Scarlett's new favorite thing is to go outside and look at the stars and moon. She waits until it gets dark enough to see them (which I think is a fun way to teach her patience) and then Mitch wraps her up in a blanket and they go count stars. It is really sweet :) 

And, oh the many expressions of our sweet girl...

This is SJ's "choo-choo" face... 

And I think this might be, "Seriously, mommy. Put the camera down." 

And I think this means, "Fine, if you won't put it down then at least hand it over so I can look at pictures of myself."


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment