Tuesday, January 17, 2012

double whammy

Well, our weekend (a 3 day at that!) turned out to be nothing like we expected. Sweet Scarlett was sick starting Thursday evening/Friday morning and I had some kind of a virus too. Mitch was the last man standing! He took very good care of us and saw us through until he had to be back at school early this morning. Scarlett woke up from her nap today with a temp of 102.5 and after a visit to see the pediatrician on Saturday, I knew she needed to be seen again. But I had that feeling of, "should I really take her, they will probably say it is just a virus." Well, I am so glad I ignored that voice in my head because our sweet girl has a double ear infection!! Bless her heart. She has been such a little trooper. The doctor said each ear was at a 9 on a scale of 1-10. She has never had an ear infection or even been on an antibiotic in her 21 months of life. I am so glad I took her! As I was driving to the pharmacy with my little darling in the back seat enjoying her blueberry sucker, I was almost overwhelmed with thankfulness. I am going to get sappy for a second :) I was/am so thankful that I was able to drive to a pharmacy, drop off a prescription and wait 20 minutes for something that would heal my little girl. It made me start thinking about all of the parents who don't have the promise that their child will be healed, this side of heaven at least. I just cannot imagine. I think about how precious Scarlett is to Mitch and I and how we would do anything for her to be healthy and able to live a full life. My heart goes out to parents who hold children that will not get better in the next 5-7 days. Those who don't even have a diagnosis or a plan to make them better. It made me realize that we are not promised an easy, pain free life. We are promised the gift of eternal life and that will be one with no crying or mourning or sickness. Praise Jesus!!! Wow, all of that on a 10 minute drive to the Kroger pharmacy :) 

We just laid around in our pj's all weekend, so we don't have any recent, exciting pictures to report. But, today's cold, cold wind made me think about how I would love to be at the beach with our little beach bum... 
(These were taken this past July while we were on Perdido Key, FL. Scarlett was 15 months)
 Oh how I LOVE that little physique!!!! 

Thankful to be on the mend. Wishing warm, sunny thoughts your way today!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment