Monday, December 27, 2010

A cherished friendship.



One of my most cherished friends came to visit today. She lives all the way in Colorado so I covet any time we can spend together! Jill and I met on the 1st day of high school. It was a funny meeting that I know we will both always cherish. She had been assigned a locker in a hallway all alone and I saw her standing alone and introduced myself.... call it fate, but we have been friends ever since! It was funny because right before she came over this morning, I found a sweet note she wrote me on the day we graduated from high school. It reminded me of how thankful I am that the Lord allowed our paths to cross. We had a fun visit today... just wish we could do that everyday!

"You are my friend. Our hearts are close,
Our laughter shares a common source.
Days and years may intervene, with few visits in between,
but, you are my friend, our hears are close."

This is a little quote that is on a tea-towel Jill's mama, Alice, gave my mama. It always hangs on my mama's oven at home... I thought it was so fitting for this post!

Wishing you warm and cherished friendships both old and new in this New Year!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment