Monday, December 13, 2010

A full Sunday.

We had a nice snowy Sunday on the Owen range yesterday. Church was really good. There was an emphasis placed on the fact that there are a lot of people who are anticipating a "blue Christmas" this year for whatever reason.... the death of a loved one, sickness, loss of a job, etc. There was a special time of prayer for those who were carrying a burden such as those listed. You can watch the sermon here.

After church we came home and Scarlett took a nap while Mitch and I enjoyed grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches... simple but yummy. Then Scarlett had her first invitation party to attend! It was a Happy Birthday Jesus party at Kingston's house (where else?). It was Kristin's idea and was SO neat. Kristin is connected with a mission organization that reaches out to families in Kentucky who live in Appalachia. Many of those families will not have gifts for their children at Christmas. So, today at the party each child brought a gift which will be given to those families. It is such a tangible way to show our kids that "It is better to give than to receive." Isn't that neat?

I did not take my camera with me to the party because I knew I would have my hands full without Mitch there to help me (his studying extravaganza is in full force!). Here we are before we left for the party...

After we got home, I realized Scarlett had been held practically all day. So, I put her on the floor to play because that is one of her most favorite things to do.


My mama and I got this little Christmas top at our favorite store Honey Beez last year. I remember looking at it last year and imagining the cute little body that would be in it this year!

Little missy is not crawling yet, but she is definitely on the move!


I am just crazy about this little gift God gave Mitch and I. What a treasure.


I hope you have a great week! The countdown has begun... T-minus 12 days until Christmas...

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment