Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snow cover & Santa

I am thrilled to announce that the Owen range is covered with SNOW. It was such a treat to wake up to a winter wonderland...


We braved the mall today and got Scarlett's picture taken with Santa. It was sweet, but I have to be candid and say that I am still not totally sure about this Santa deal. I mean, while we were riding in the car on the way to the mall I was looking into Scarlett's darling blue eyes and thinking that I don't ever want to tell her something that is not true. Mitch and I started that conversation about what we will do as Scarlett gets older, but have not finished it yet.

We were worried that Scar would cry when we set her in Santa's lap, but she did really well until the very end. Their picture turned out well... I don't have a scanner but Mitch took these...


I love her little Santa smocked dress. I got it for cheap at a children's boutique that was closing last year. I was excited to put it on our little sugar plum today... as soon as I did the button popped off, so I had to dig out my sewing kit (thank you to my mama).


2 words: those cheeks.

Sweet Daddy.


We spent the rest of the afternoon bundled up inside. It felt so cold inside at one point tonight that I put Scarlett's hat and vest on her. ha!

I am very close to being done with my Christmas shopping. Yippee. It is funny, something my mom always taught me was that a lot of times (not always) you should buy someone something that you would really like to have. Well, my mom's, mother-in-law's and sister's gifts are wrapped and under the tree because if I did not wrap them TODAY I might try to justify keeping them for myself. I think that is a good sign.

Well, I have got to go help my sweet husband clean the kitchen! (did I mention he is sweet?)

Nighty, night.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I may be biased, but SJ is THE cutest baby I have ever seen. And I'm not just saying that cause I"m her Aunt. I wanna squeeze those cheeks!

    ReplyDelete