Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday confessions

These pictures are from this summer when we were staying with my parents for Mitch's externship. My dad took them with his AMAZING camera. Daddy if you are reading, I know you are far from home this week and I thought these would make you smile... I love you!!!

Good morning people. What is going on in your world today? I hope good things. Scarlett and I took our morning walk on this beautiful Monday. We usually do a lap (or 2) and then walk through the garden so Scarlett can stretch her legs too. I guess this will be my first confession of the day... I let my child pick the flowers in the garden at the Arboretum. ah!

Scarlett did not eat well yesterday which is very odd for her. But, her appetite is back today with a vengeance. For lunch she ate: wheat bread, cheddar cheese, peaches, blueberries, yogurt and sweet potato fries with ketchup. I confess that all I ate for lunch was sweet potato fries. ah! They are so good with ketchup, but today I tried barbecue sauce... delish!
Mitch is already in his 3rd week of school. The weeks go by so fast! I confess that I am really trying to board the "excitement train" not the "anxiety train" with regards to where we will be this time next year. One day at a time sweet Jesus. Monday is usually laundry day at our house, but today it is "clean everything" day. I strive to keep a tidy house, but I confess that sometimes it is just not reality.

I was planning on taking Callie to the vet for her annual appointment next week. I confess that I called this morning to re-schedule her appointment to a Saturday so that Mitch could take her by himself. I just did not want to picture me, Scarlett in a stroller, and Callie (aka the most hyper springer spaniel God has ever made) in a tiny exam room together. Thank you Mitch for agreeing to go along with "plan B."

And finally, I confess that this verse is not always at the forefront of my mind, but I do pray it for Scarlett all the time: "Do everything without complaining or arguing so that you may become blameless and pure, "a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain." Philipians 2:14-16
Now that is an attitude adjustment if I have ever read one :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment