Thursday, August 11, 2011

School days, school days... dear old golden rule days

The county schools are back in session and our street is a lot quieter during the day. There aren't kids screaming while playing hide and seek and slapping their skate boards against the pavement. It is kind of nice because they have been known to get pretty loud during Scarlett's nap, but it also makes me a little sad because they add so much life to the street. It is hard to believe that in just a few short years (because the days are truly flying) Scarlett will go to school. I think I will have to be hog-tied to my car and chauffeured the day she goes to kindergarten. It's not that I don't want her to grow up. I do. I know the Lord has amazing plans for her life. And I hope, Lord willing, we will have more babies. It just makes me a little teary because Scarlett will not ever be a baby again. But, we have many sweet days at home to soak up before this girl starts singing "school days," so I won't dwell on it!

I have a funny story about the school kids on our street. The other night 2 little girls came and knocked on our door. Mitch went to the door in his undershirt (ugh...so tacky, but oh well!) and basketball shorts. They like him for some reason, I think because he always waves to them when he drives down the street and oh and I think he made a pair of dentures for their grandma (ha! hello hippa violation!). Really, he did. Anyhow, he swung the front door open and asked them what was going on. They proceeded to inform us that there was a dead squirrel in front of our house and that its bones were exposed. I tried to hold back the laughter. Mitch asked them, jokingly, what they wanted him to do about it. He laughed and said he would take care of it. They were so concerned and so funny. After we told them we would take care of the squirrel, they told us they their first day of school was Wednesday (yesterday).

This "smoochy" face is Scarlett's most common expression right now. Somehow anything she says always ends with her lips pooching out and up, ha!

Here is a little picture after nap time. Yikes, no makeup for this mommy today.

On another note, I have set-up my workshop for the upcoming consignment sale. Scarlett's fall and winter clothes from last year have exploded in our dining room. Yowzers. I have got to get crackin'!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment